One of the most colorful annual events held by the Chesapeake Bay Wine Classic Foundation, Wine, Women and Fishing (WWF) has raised more than $800,000 for breast cancer research at Eastern Virginia Medical School. Open to women of all levels of fishing expertise, we enthusiastically thank everyone who participates in the tournament, especially the anglers, the captains and mates, and our wonderful volunteers. All activities take place under the big tent at Southside Marina – 416 Southside Road, Virginia Beach, VA 23451.
WWF Event Schedule 2021
Saturday, August 14
- Registration: 5:30–7:30 pm
- Captain’s Meeting: 7 pm
Sunday, August 15
- Fishing: Lines in the water at 8:30 am; out of the water at 3 pm
- Dock Party: 5 pm–7 pm
- Scales open at 5 pm. Watch the decorated boats come in to the weigh station while enjoying great refreshments and North Carolina Shrimp!
- Awards Party, Music and Dinner: 7 pm–10 pm
Enjoy a rockin’ good party with great wine, music and friends. Participate in a variety of wine tastings and Bourbon Tastings by Breakthru Beverage Virginia! Watch the Crazy Crew contest, and enjoy the open bar with summer specialty drinks! Best of all, we’ll raise money for breast cancer research at EVMS!
Tickets: $75 in advance and $85 at the door
Registration is $700 per team for up to six lady anglers on a boat. (Entry fee does not include boat). Each team receives an invitation to the registration party, six tickets to the all-inclusive awards banquet and a goody bag and t-shirt for each angler. Each team is responsible for charter fees and tipping, as well as any additional tickets for the awards banquet. Entry fee after July 15, 2021 is $800.
Scoring and Trophies
Trophies are given for first, second and third place. In addition, trophies are awarded for largest tuna, dolphin and wahoo, as well as for the Craziest Crew, Top Junior Angler, Hard Luck Crew and Top Lady Angler. There is also an optional cash prize division. For more information please contact Jennie Capps at 757.200.9463 or email@example.com.
Accommodations and Dockage
Call 1-800-VABEACH or log onto www.vbfun.com for information on local hotels and boat dockage in Rudee Inlet. Most hotels offer oceanfront rooms. The Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hilton is a great choice for your weekend stay, as well as The Hilton Garden Inn.
If you want to fish, but don’t have a team or a boat, please contact Linda Church, WWF Committee Chair at 757.288.4842 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sponsors Who Help Make It All Possible
Our very generous sponsors include companies, organizations and individuals such as Cheryl McLeskey, The Virginia Beach Billfish Tournament, Lunasea, Breakthru Beverage Virginia, Dave Jester, Cindy and Jeff McWaters, W3 Marine, Fisherman’s Wharf Marina, Portsmouth Trailer Supply, Cynthia Rickman and Joel Texter, Joni and Bill Greene and the Franklin Family Foundation. We appreciate their continued support and the participation of all of the sponsors who make Wine, Women and Fishing such a great event.
Interested in Becoming a WWF Sponsor? Call Linda Church at 757.288.4842
Would you like to make a donation?
- Cheryl McLeskey
- Virginia Beach Fishing Center
- Virginia Beach Billfish Tournament
- Cindy and Jeff McWaters, Mcwaters Family Foundation
- Guava Jam
- Virginia Media
Blue Marlin Sponsors
- Cynthia Rickman and Joel Texter
- Dave Jester
- Sinclair Communications
- Earlene Coyner and Portsmouth Trailer Supply
- Colleen Cunningham and Lunasea
- The Franklin Family Foundation
- Cheryl McLeskey
Weigh Station Sponsor
White Marlin Sponsors
- Breakthru Beverage Virginia
- South Coast Contractors and Tim Houck
- Charles Barker Automotive
- Tony Nero
- Diane and Frank Monroe
- Janice and Bob Wells
- Joni and Bill Greene
- Joe Woodington and W3 Marine
- Capps Boatworks, Inc.
- Burgess Snyder Industries
- Sharon and Larry Slipow
- Bill and Suzanne Gooch
- Eastern Virginia Medical School
- McKenzie Construction Corporation
- E.G. Middleton
- Onelife Fitness
- Hoffman Beverage
- Cason Barco
- Ed and Christel Lewis
- Tom Robinson
- Arc3 Gases
- Mark and Cindy Summs
- Joe Montgomery
- The Optimal Service Group of Wells Fargo Advisors
- Jon Wheeler in Honor of Linda Church
- Aldo’s Ristorante
- Backlash and Captain Steve Richardson
- High Hopes Charter and Captain David Wright
- Richard Bosley
- Robert Bosley
- Zoe’s Restaurant
- Linda Church
- Doc Taylor’s
- Christopher Mize
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House
- The Meridian Group
- Georgia Shurtz
- Eurasia Cafe
- Cobalt Grill
- Todd Jurich’s Bistro
- Terrapin Restaurant
- Pungo Ridge, LLC
- The Williamsburg Winery
- Watermans and Mike Standing
- Virginia Beach Tuna Tournament
- Virginia Beach Invitational Marlin Tournament
Congratulations to the 2019 winners!
First Place with 2 Blue Marlin, 1 White Marlin and 2 Sail Fish – Sea Hound; Second Place with 2 Blue Marlin and 2 White Marlin – Reelin n Dealin; Third Place with 4 White Marlin – Wired Up; Top Dolphin – Sandman; Top Wahoo – Katherine Anne; Hard Luck Crew – Fin Again; Top Junior Angler – Grace Sawyer on Victory Lap; Top Female Angler – Nicole Lawrence; Crazy Crew – Fender Bender!